Thursday, October 31, 2002

Happy Halloween, y'all! I was busy all yesterday afternoon helping decorate our hall into a greusome, haunted carnival, complete with freak show, hall of mirrors, and lots of trashbag covered walls. Gotta love cheap black plastic.

Favorite [cop-out] costume: Kelly, in my writing class who wore all J-Crew clothing and called himself a J-Crew Ad.

Truman sponsers the community to bring in their kids to trick-or-treat in the dorms (as I'm sure most colleges do), so I'm trying to be ready for the little monsters to arrive around six, six-thirty. My costume isn't completely finished yet....I'm still trying to figure out how to build a tiara out of duct tape (I'm going as Hannah, Queen of Duct Tape---I figure, if I have a dress made out of duct tape, why not put it to use?) Since a dress of duct tape isn't very practical for college life (it's hard to sit in duct tape), I've just been walking around with cat ears all day. It's more than most people---Truman people don't seem to have enough spirit. It must be all that time they spend in the library.

None of the kids are going to like me, I bet. I never had time to run out to Wal-Mart, so the only candy I have is the creme savers and lifesavers my mom sent me back in August. (Oh, I have pop rocks, but they're not getting their grubby hands anywhere near my pop rocks.) This probably works out better anyway, because I'll just go to Wal-Mart tomorrow and buy discounted candy and costume stuff. Yay, cheap stuff! The best part of college!

Anyway, hope y'all have a nice safe holiday, and don't terrorize too many people (unless they really really deserve it--then, go right ahead). And don't forget to look for the great pumpkin!

No comments: