Saturday, November 02, 2002

Okay, let me just say I had the best Halloween ever (so good it deserves bold *and* italics!) My SA told us not too buy too much candy (not that I bought any at all, as I already mentioned) because the fourth floor doesn't generally have many visitors. Ha. I've never seen so many confounded costumed kids in my life. I *did* end up wearing my duct tape dress (and made a great crown...I was a gigantic hit that people are still talking about, just to brag), and was handing out candy left and right when the *fire alarm* went off. Of course, my first reaction wasn't "I hope there aren't many kids in the building" or "boy, what idiot pulled the alarm?" No, the first thing I thought of was how I would reach my total doom by falling down the stairs because my duct tape dress wouldn't let me bend. Everyone got out of the building eventually, and were huddling around because the temperature had dropped about ten degrees after the sun set. While my floor was re-grouping, we heard someone behind us say "I *told* him not to use the fog machine!" That's right, someone on the third floor had turned on their fog machine (to make their hall creepier and thus possibly win the hall decorating contest), and it triggered the alarm. I'm sure the three firetrucks that showed up were very thrilled to find this out.

Anyway, we finally get back up to our rooms (after and even scarier climb *up* the stairs in the duct tape dress), and the kids start coming back and continue clearing me out of candy. I finally got to a point where I was nearly out (and had a space between kids) and walked aimlessly down the hall to see how everyone else was. My friend Janna was nearly out of candy like I was, and lamenting the loss of all her candy bars. So, we decided we'd earn back all our candy by trick-or-treating ourselves. You have no idea how much fun it is to go around with all the little kids and beg people your age for candy. You also have no idea how much fun it is to see people's reaction when they figure out you're wearing duct tape. I highly recommend for everyone to wear a completely duct tape outfit at least once in their lives to know this sensation. Janna and I ended up with way more candy than we even started out with (*good* candy, too!), and we didn't have to buy any of it. Definitely a great Halloween.

Then, yesterday, I voted for the first time ever (is it just me, or are the little boxes little bundles of fun to punch out? I'm totally looking forward to the next election now just for that.), didn't go to the library like I [sorta] planned, saw the lab show ("The Visit"--a truly creepy play that I'm still thinking about...I recommend you go out and read it, although it won't be the same as sitting there in the first row, watching it live, like I did.), went to Wal-Mart around 11 p.m., bought some [discounted] candy corn (yay! sugar high!) and "The Three Musketeers" on DVD (I totally never realized that was Kieffer Sutherland and Charlie Sheen--how sad is that?), and ended up falling asleep on Tiffani's very solid floor while watching Spider-Man at one a.m after discussing how bad it would be if people became hyper after eating carbohydrates instead of sugar, as you'd never be able to eat potatoes (yes, we were very very tired).

Boy, three links in one sentence. That must be some kind of record.

Today I sat through the coldest football game of all time, only to watch us lose (although the 100-yard touchdown was pretty spiffy to see). Before that, I actually managed to make it filming and am finally in a movie! This is exciting because I tried to be in the movie before and ended up with gray hair and no shooting. Sure, all I'm doing is sitting and hanging out, but it's still something. (And I didn't have to color my hair.) All in all, a relatively good day (once I could feel my toes again), and it's about to get even better--I'm going to bed. Yay, sleep! Goodnight, y'all!

No comments: