Saturday, October 26, 2002

I can't believe myself. I stayed up until one a.m. organizing my music files. All 717 of them on KaZaA. Yeah, every once in awhile I feel the need to make sure all my files are okay, but not like this. Whenever I didn't know the composer or the album name, I looked it up on Amazon. I obsessively categorized everything, even making subcategories when I couldn't decide if it was more of a pop or rock thingy (or whatever--you should check out my "movies based on musicals" and "oldies used on tv show soundtracks" categories). I feel like such a pathetic person. Here it was, Friday night, I was even invited to a frat party (not that I was going to go, but--really!--who would want to invite me?), I had many other options, and instead I stayed up late organizing pirated music on my computer. Sad sad sad.

I'm not even a big organization person! (Contray to what Hope may tell anyone....) Even my friend Chris (who I've known for what? Two months now?) mentioned that he couldn't picture me fanatically organizing music at one in the morning. He said I seemed to just go with the flow. Which I do. I just don't know where this sudden need to have everything perfect before I could fall asleep came from.

No comments: