Monday, October 21, 2002

Look! Real post alert! BWEEP! BWEEP!


This is my last post before I release this little monster on the world. I promised myself to wait lots of time (well, more than two days) before I sent out word about good ol' "Life is Like Toast" so I wouldn't steal Caleb's thunder too badly. Although I did really steal the entire idea from him in the first place. But I'm okay with that. (as you should be)


Anyway, [as I say because that paragraph is really going nowhere] it's been a pretty good day. My math class was canceled, I didn't have trash dumped on me for the litter commercial today (have I mentioned that? Filmclub's entering a contest purely to win the money--we want it so bad, we're entering three times under different names--and my group's dumping trash on people to show how much litter piles up in one day.), I played percussion for the first time *ever* (triangle, for those wondering--who was it that guessed that was all I'd do? I probably owe them a cookie or something.....although I will get to move up to chimes next time. Yay!), and I was called back for the One-Act plays. The senior class puts on a series of One-Act plays each semester, and I was called back for "Sure Thing" by David Ives. It's set up kinda like Groundhog Day (Bill Murray, Andie MacDowell--good flick), where a guy's trying to pick up a girl and each time either says something dumb, a bell rings and they get to try again. It sounds nifty, but now I've got big competition, since there's only two people in the play. But, still, my name was *finally* on a list! I'm so happy, I want to keep the paper; just tear it off the wall and hold on to it forever! (and ever and ever and ever and....)


Boy, I'm feeling crazy today.


It's probably from the switch back to college life. I actually had to do something today (a couple somethings, actually). And, yes, I know I have no pity from you hard-working high school people, but it was a weird switch. And don't even get me started on having to deal with four flights of stairs anytime I want to leave my dorm room. I wish the "invisible" elevator would actually materialize de vez en cuando. (Wow, I think that's the only Spanish I still know. Guess who's not looking forward to Spanish next semester....)


I think this is the longest single post I've ever made.


That probably means I should wind things down. Isn't that the weirdest saying ever? "Wind things down?" When did I ever have time to wind them up? No wonder I have no spare time; I'm probably winding things up all the time, just so I can wind them back down later.


I'm getting nowhere on my own, so I'll just leave a link y'all should visit. These people did what I always wanted to do: took one sentence, put it through every option on Babelfish (over at Altavista--great thing for Spanish projects), and showed just why translators don't really work. Funny stuff. Check it out and have a pleasant tomorrow!

No comments: