Tuesday, October 22, 2002

Now that someone (besides myself) actually reads this thingy, it's been brought to my attention that I never really clarified what the GSBFMC thing was. Of course, now that it seems to be over (there was nothing in today's mail, at least), this is the *perfect* time to explain what the heck I was talking about. Every year, my mom runs a bookfair at both her schools. At the end of the week, the Scholastic Company people have a thing where if the students send so many letters to people, my mom will earn so much money to buy books for the school. My mom, brilliant woman that she is, always writes the addresses of nearly everyone she knows on the chalkboard and has the students send the letters to them instead. My mom knew she had a new address out of me going to college, but decided she could get two birds with one stone (I hate that expression) by also including my roommate. So then Debbie and I decided to turn it into a contest--who would get the most letters?--the results of which I've been documenting. That's basically it.

See, that wasn't so hard then, was it?

Update on callbacks---I didn't make the final list, but still feel really proud that, out of the entire campus, I was in the final 12 for this show. So......go me!

Last thing. Although I really enjoyed the Steve Martin quote (and had many more where that came from--read Cruel Shoes if you can find it, y'all), I've decided to turn the side quote into things about toast. Unfortunetly, I don't have many of these yet. So, I appeal to you, citizens of the world! Send me your toast quotes! (Maybe even just breakfast food quotes....I'm not going to be too picky.) Send me your toast stories! Just send me an email and tell me you like toast! (or let me know that you're reading--I'd love to know who out there--besides myself--reads this) If I use something of yours, I'll give you credit and send you something special in the mail! Promise!

No comments: