Monday, October 28, 2002

Okay, now you can be on my case. It feels like 1 a.m. and I know I'm going to be up way to early tomorrow morning to make copies of the paper I just finished (we have to have 20 copies--one for each person of the class to throw away on their way out of the door). I feel in the mood to be happy for actually accomplishing [most] of my to-do list for this weekend, despite being surprised by dinner and a movie this afternoon. (Calm down, all y'alls who think I actually have a love life--I was "adopted" by a family from my church, and they wanted to save me from the dining hall.) Speaking of movies....

Not to sound like I'm completely jumping on the critical bandwagon, but you (yes *you*)need to get up off your couch and see "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." Yes, it's a chick flick, but it's a funny chick flick, so that should ease your pain, guys. Saw it this afternoon (or, I guess I should technically call it *yesterday* afternoon, as it's now [kinda] Monday) and thouroughly enjoyed it, even though I needed to go to the bathroom for the entire second half. Confounded large sodas! Not that any of y'all wanted to know that.

Two Things I'm Sad to Admit:


1. The first thing I thought of when the "Two Towers" preview came on was, "Boy, I bet Matt would've really perked up when that came on!"

2. I perked up about double Matt's probable "Two Towers" reaction when the new Harry Potter trailer came on.

[Further] Proof How Pathetic I Am: I again spent my evening in the library. For nearly five hours. What did I accomplish? A mostly finished paper and I watched a movie for Intro to Theatre. And, you have no idea how unworthy of the "Harvard of the Midwest" you feel when you can't even get the confounded desk lamp to turn on. Sad sad sad. (That's becoming my new catchphrase, which in itself is "sad sad sad." Boy, I need sleep. [Another catchphrase!])

No comments: