Wednesday, November 13, 2002

Let me also add how sad I was when I walked toward Baldwin today and there was no mattress on the grass like usual.

Allow me to explain.

It's fairly common practice for roommates to steal each other's mattresses (not that common--but I do hear about another thing at least once or twice a month) and put them in odd places. Lots of people hide them in the elevator, and just move it off onto a floor whenever the owner gets suspicious. Some mattresses have ended up in entierly different buildings. So, when I saw the mattress there Sunday night, I wasn't so much surprised to see it as I wondered how long it would stay there. (Apparently, four days--depending on when it was put there over the weekend.) Either the owner started searching the campus, the people who hid it finally gave in, or Truman staff took over. I'd like to think the matinence staff became too sick of looking for it, had to find some obscure spot for it, and the people who hid it suddenly had a whole lot more trouble on their hands from the mattress's owner.

Hee hee hee

No comments: