Thursday, November 14, 2002

So, ......life. Yeah. It's been kinda hectic around here lately (like I oh so subtly mentioned before). I think I finally have my schedule worked out (I register on Tuesday), although there's only four spots left in the lab class I *have* to be in for everything to work. (No, I'm not tense. I've always had this nervous tick.) (Yes, I have a back-up schedule. I just really didn't want to have to use it.)

I've only had One-Act practice twice this week. We missed on Sunday, cancelled Tuesday for the director's birthday, and we skipped today so one of the actors could go to a Harry Potter party (Yes, I know the movie comes out tomorrow, and yes, I plan on going. The theater doesn't sell tickets until the day of, so I'm calling first thing in the morning.) Yesterday we didn't have much of a practice because we through the director a surprise party. Lydia made a cake, Jolene bought ice cream, and Paul killed all the balloons with a big metal stick someone left in the room. (It kinda resembled a machete.) We talked about meeting tomorrow, but Harry Potter stood in the way.

Other news: I tried to reorganize my desk (move the DVDs I can't play out of site, move the printer up a shelf, and move my books), but it wasn't until I threaded all my cords through different holes in the back of the desk, taken everything off the shelf, and had nearly everything perfect that I realized I didn't leave enough room for all my textbooks. So I had to move everything back. Bleck. (Semi-related note: I need to buy a new black ink cartridge because I have 25% left according to the message box that pops up every time I turn on the computer.)

Yesterday I played my bass drum part completely left handed. (I'm a righty.) No one noticed the difference. I'm finally ambidextrous at something! (I've always wanted to be ambidextrous--though I don't have the time to teach myself to write left-handed.) I just never thought it'd be in percussion. Although, three months ago, I never thought I'd be in percussion to begin with.

I totally have no topic going anymore, so I'll end with this quote, heard in the Baldwin Hall stairwell after WACT class: "You're walking, not waiting! They both start with "w," but they ain't the same thing!"

No comments: