Monday, January 13, 2003

I guess since I sorta promised to talk about my thoughts from visiting high school before I left for college again, I should actually do it. Not that there's much to say; I came, stayed much too long, and actually found myself missing high school all over again. How sad for me.

Anyway, there's still a few observations to make. Here, in convenient list form, are...

Hannah's Sorta-High School Related Thoughts


* Even if I *do* grow up to be the "big money Broadway stage manager," just like say I will, Kovar, will I grow so jealous of the performers who actually get to go onstage, like I've always dreamed, that I'll start sabotaging their entrances and stuff in a sort of "if I can't do it, neither can you" sort of retribution? I don't see myself turning into the Phantom of the Opera or anything, but I could potentially see some unhappiness on my part as the years would pass.

* The honors English class actually wanted to work on their papers and not stall by asking questions about college. I even said (actual quote, y'all) "we can stall for you." They just stared at me and said they really wanted to go to the library, thanks. The library?!? My class would've *killed* for that sort of opporitunity. Of course, that's probably why we never got it.

* When your percussion friend tells you he loves you more than even before because you played bass drum in college band (after switching from flute), should you be concerned since you didn't know he loved you in the first place, or just accept it as a "percussion thing" and move on?

* No matter where you go, when you eat lunch with friends, someone will always end up bursting into song by the end of the period (or at least end up arguing about something pointless, like pantyhose).

Sullivan forever our song shall be...

No comments: