Sunday, January 12, 2003

I'm nearly completely settled back into my college dorm room. There's a Wal-Mart sack with notebooks and such behind me, a small rubbermaid container with odds and ends on my side desk, and I'll have to find a spot for my new DVDs (No, I never fixed the player. I kinda feel like I should've just left them at home because I don't think they're going to do me much good until I finally suck it up and waste $40 to buy a new copy.) But I'm not going to mess with it tonight. I've picked up my books, found all my classes (a couple of friends and I wandered around campus through all the open buildings), and rearranged my bookshelf to fit the backpack full of paperbacks I brought up. I'm playing up-beat music because I'm trying to stay cheerful and remind myself how much I liked college the first semester before I start to cry or something. My snowglobe featuring a picture of Jennifer sleeping on the bus back from the Cotton Bowl (circa 1999) is directly in front of me, where my old snowglobe of a surfing alligator (from Ron Jon's Surf Shop) used to be until some books fell and knocked it off my shelf. This globe is plastic; I don't forsee any problems. Debbie, my roommate, is watching Armageddon on F/X for about the tenth time (it must be a movie they seriously invested in, because they've shown it so many times since I came here in August) and Bruce Willis is arguing with Liv Tyler about whether or not she's allowed to marry Ben Affleck. I wonder if anyone's had this conversation with J.Lo. It just occurred to me that I was going to post about my trip up to my old high school on Friday, and my ensuing thoughts and ponderances. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow, after I finally label the backs of my photos from first semester (four months on two cameras--not bad, eh?).

Maybe I'll just shake my snowglobe and watch the snow fall.

That sounds nice.

No comments: