Monday, January 27, 2003

So, two posts and an entire day late it's.....Hannah's weekend! [cheers]

This was actually a tame weekend, considering the circumstances. Not only was there the Super Bowl yesterday, but Saturday was Distinguished Scholars visit day. This meant I spent the first half of the day avoiding high schoolers (which wasn't easy--they were swarming around like bugs at a picnic), and then actually sought them out in the afternoon to give tours of my dorm building. I hate to inform the Truman population, but, if those were the "distinguished scholars," I'm worried about next year's freshmen (except for you, Hope, you'll be just fine). Some were pretty nice and with it, though (hi Ashley from KC, who'll probably never know this site exists!), so that made tours fun. After that, I went back to my morning occupation of reading *way* too much David Copperfield for my brit lit class. I swear, if I had time to go back and start a new book, I'd completely give up on this book until I had time to read just one chapter at a time instead of this three-in-a-row nonsense I have to do to keep up for class. And that was pretty much all of Saturday. I talked to Jennifer for awhile on the phone, and I assume she didn't die after she hung up (she called on her cell in the car--a big no-no, kiddies!), although I know her last words would be something ending with "gurgle gurgle" because we joked about that for awhile.

Sunday was the Super Bowl, and I hung out at the Dobson party (with the free food, naturally) for the entire game. Of course, all I was there for was to watch the commercials [I went downstairs for this because they were on a big screen and Debbie was watching "Dirty Dancing," so I figured I wasn't going to gain access to the tv.], so when the game was actually on, I read more of Copperfield (which actually worked more than people would assume--all that focus work in acting must be increasing my concentration, because nobody would've called that group quiet).

Just for the record, the Ozzy commercial was funny (though I still think one of these days America is going to wake up again and say, "Wait...this is the guy who ate the BAT! What are we doing?!"), the Castaway rip-off from Fed-Ex was my fav (both happend during the same break, too), and Alias definitely rocked like the B-52s (even for me, Miss Haven't Seen the Show Since Last Season).

If you want something with more substance about actual news from this weekend (besides the lack of quality freshmen material at Truman State University), take a look at Caleb's post about immiment war that makes all that I just wrote (especially the B-52s reference) seem trivial. But I'm okay with that.

No comments: