Tuesday, March 18, 2003

We can *pretend* I posted this last night...

I'm going to blame Hope for the delay out of sheer convenience--after all, she IS the one who introduced me to Yahoo's Diamond Mine game, and therefore responsible for the fact that I played it for two hours last night. Anyway, last week was fantabulous, and not just because I was on break. (Although, I suppose it *is* because of break, because that's why I was home. Wow, I just used the word "because" way too much.) Here, with a mini-(and not so mini) recap, I give you:

Hannah's Wed-Sun


*Wednesday: Okay, so it was more like Thursday. But. I fell asleep around 10 (I guess that's how it applies to Wed), and naturally, I woke up in the middle of the night later on. That doesn't explain why, at 2:33 in the morning, I suddenly woke up with no other option but to watch the new television version of "The Music Man." (I'd started it when it originally came on back in February, but that was before I realized it was a three hour show....hey, at least I got my acting paper done.) And, naturally, once I realized Mom taped the Letterman episode with Dr. Phil on the same tape, I had to watch that, too. And, naturally, I hated myself at 6 the next morning when I got up to drive mom to school.

*Thursday: Jennifer organized a bowling thing that afternoon, which involved much eating of Bottle Caps, me showing off how lousy I am at pool, and hitting people with an empty plastic bottle (when we weren't chasing people around like six-year-olds, of course). There *was* bowling, naturally, and I almost didn't lose twice (though that was thwarted by Jennifer both times) though I lost spectacularly the second game. It's not much, but I did discover, when I crazy bowl, I can aim straighter than Claire and Jennifer (sometimes).

*Friday/Saturday: Graded papers at Strain-Japan (where I discovered that one of the teachers there is related to Tiffani--you know, the crazy girl who's blog link is on the right [not that she's posted for a couple months now]), went shopping for about three hours with the Slabys (where I got to pay for groceries because Alfi left her purse back at school), and spent the night at Hope's house (where I gained so many in-jokes between Sam, Hope and myself, that I couldn't begin to name them). I don't think I could go into all the details from the night (some of the will remain between the four--yes, four--of us), but we were pretty out of it by 2:30 a.m., which is about when we finally turned in. About four hours later, when we had to wake up to get ready for the Conference Scholar Bowl meet in Owensville, nobody was happy. As for the meet: two of the people who normally play varsity were bumped down to JV (and proceeded to be undefeated the entire meet), and V was very happy to win their first match. We won't talk about the rest of the day. And, if Adam Culp tries to blame any of you for breaking his watch, just ignore him--it was all my fault (although I am the one who told him to blame it on other people; a new business endeavor for him, and a way to get me off the hook). If he hadn't stolen my jelly beans (Starburst tropical flavors and everything!), I wouldn't have had a reason to kick him.

*Sunday: In the longest possible amount of time to get me back to Truman (we left 8:30 that morning and didn't arrive until after six that night), I finally saw Caleb's dorm room and "meet" Tyler, his roommate. The meet's in quotation marks, because it was in the middle of the Mizzou game, and I don't know if I even registered in his brain, as he was too busy yelling at the Tigers. There's nothing that can perk me up better than sports fanatics yelling at their team.

There y'all go. Impressed? Jennifer--got anything to add to the bowling? Y'all know where to find me.

No comments: