Wednesday, April 30, 2003

"Bruised...but still smiling"

No matter when it is, I always end up with mysterious bruises on, well, everywhere. I'm not certain if I sleep funky or just don't notice when I walk into things during the day, but I'll wake up with fantastic bruises on [mostly] my legs and no clue why they appeared. Generally, all I can do is just shake it off--if I don't have a clue where they come from, I obviously can't prevent them, either. Sometimes, however, a truly massive one will appear without warning and it'll bug me to no end until I finally discover the cause.

Yesterday, while shaving my legs, I discovered on such bruise on the side of my left knee, right where the leg bends. I've been wearing pants a lot lately (it's so much easier to go through life not wondering if you missed a spot while shaving any time you wear a cute pair of capris), so I wasn't even certain how long I'd had the bruise, except that it was dark enough to imply either freshness or repeated bonkings. Still, there wasn't much evidence to go on, so I just shrugged and continued moving.

For the one-act, I wear a fairly dorky-looking pair of checkered overalls (which is why I shaved my legs in the first place) that leave my new bruise free to the viewing public. I got a couple questions from people about it (fall down some stairs lately?), but I didn't have a grand explaination.

I do now. The overalls also mean I leave the bruise free without any padding during my scenes. Let's just say, I figured out where the bruise came from--it was fairly obvious once my leg smacked down on the bench (which I'd never really felt before--yeah, pants!) and it hurt to walk back to my box.

Hm...another theatre battle scar. Am I sure this is the right thing? (Well, geez, yeah, but it sounded like a good ending.)

No comments: