Thursday, May 08, 2003

Another B-day Post (is this annoying yet?)

I'm sitting here, not-so-patiently waiting for my mother to call so I can go back across the hall and watch Empire Records, as promised by Cathy and Lindsey. Now that I'm actually back in the room, she seems to be taking her good sweet time.

Thanks, Mom.

Anyway, I still cannot believe how wonderful and marvelous my Truman people are. Not only did I get chalkings and balloons, I also ended up with a secret shindig thing after supper (though it was cut short for my Spanish final) which included absolutely fabulous cake (I broke it out while watching ER with my Empire Records people), a gigantic purple plastic ball (my new chair!), and a bag of goodies including a pink feather boa and a tiara.

Yes, I'm wearing the tiara as I type. Yes, I've worn it since I got it. Yes, this includes during my Spanish final. (Did you even need to ask any of that?)

Snaps must also go to my brother, who left a hilarious message on my machine....and then *another* correcting the first, which only added to my amusement. Sorry I didn't get to call you; I was at supper when you called and then at my final until after eight. I almost called the Missourian office (just because), but then I decided to take advantage of the empty (and quiet!) room to practice my monologues for my acting final tomorrow. I think this was a good idea. Perhaps we'll chat tomorrow?

Mom still hasn't called. *Sigh.* Sometimes I wonder if I'm turning into my mother or if she's morphing into me.

I think I'm going to dial her up.

No comments: