Saturday, May 03, 2003

"Jerry, I am freaking out"

I apparently don't have enough distraction anymore, or else all the distraction that I managed to fit in all morning/afternoon (math paper, X2, cleaning, talking on MSN, etc) only meant that I was putting off what has now formed into it's own *fun* bundle of nervous energy bouncing around inside my guts. I know I'll be fine. I know my part, I can certainly sit on a box for half an hour, I won't be able to see anyone in the audience because I take my glasses off, and--as long as I don't fall off a block--there's nothing to sweat.

Or so I tell myself.

I still have two hours to kill before I go to a quick end-show practice. I'm not breathing all that affectively right now, I think, though I won't pass out on the ground or anything. My parents should show up sometime soon (at least, I think that was Mom on the weird message on my machine when I returned from the movies--it doesn't really sound like her, but I don't know who else it could be), and then I'll be anxious to get the show over with. I wish the dining halls were open for supper right now so I could eat, get nauseous, lose it all, and still have time to eat something else. That sounds really horrible, doesn't it? At least I don't lose meals over techie work; another plus for the stage manager thing. But tonight, I have to be a kid. With eighties hair. [Hair that I do during a blackout, no less.]

I'd end with a "I'll tell you how it goes" thing, but I'll probably have another frantic post around 5 (if the parents aren't here by then) unless I can manage to control myself not to do so and find something more productive. Like, studying for finals or something. Bleck--that's almost worse than nerves; actually considering to do homework. How sad for me.

No comments: