Sunday, July 20, 2003

"Remember that...it'll be funny later."

Since Caleb seems to be directing everyone to me for the fun Friday outing, I might as well spill out the short version until I have time to writer farther (such as tonight, when I'm up too late downloading Gilmore Girls sound clips [GG sound clips! My life rocks so so much.] and have nothing better to do).

We both had Friday off from work, so Caleb and I decided to pull a movie day at the Great 8 and see as many films as possible. However, Caleb stopped to use my lovely Wal-Mart discont card to purchase college supplies. We had the starting time of the first movie ("Finding Nemo"), so we just decided to leave everything in the car instead of rushing home. It wasn't until reaching the theater that I realized I only own the key to the car's ignition and not the trunk. Naturally, we simply decided to lock the car and hope for the best.

Four movies later, we came out balancing popcorn, books, and purse only to discover the ignition key (which was all I had, remember?) doesn't open the doors. At all. Maybe the original does, but my copy certainly does not. So, basically we were stuck until Caleb remembered the rear right window (a apx. 4 inch small window that doesn't roll down, but turn sideways) pops out when opened, and he tried to turn it enough for it to pop out.

I suppose, if we're being technical, the window did pop out. It just came out in a few thousand more pieces than either of us intended.

There's no experience quite like standing in the middle of a public parking lot with a big bunch of glass underneath a shattered window when you're trying to break into a car, albiet your own. And that was before it rained on the way home. (And jokes about how nothing broke when I was by myself for the long weekend...)

Geez, that wasn't really a short version at all, was it? What else am I going to add....all I'm missing is the names of the movies and my reaction (that Pirate flick rocks). Until then, I guess.

No comments: