Wednesday, August 27, 2003

At least with Debbie I always had time for homework

It's amazing I've gotten anything done lately, what with the easy access to friendly people I know have here in Ryle (as opposed to the go down the stairs, cross the street, don't get hit by traffic, climb more stairs I had last year). While it's convienent late at night when we finish movies, pizza, tickling sessions, etc., it's also a bit hard to concentrate all the time when I have such things close. [I apologize for that kinda crummy sentence, my brain has melted.]

So far, I've spent more time on obsessive card games ("Set"), pizza-chomping, Wal-Mart roaming, movie mocking, people tickling, bubble blowing, and even Dutch mocking (at a Burger King, no less) than I have on actual homework. Yes, I know that's kinda bad (drop the "kinda" in that sentence, and you'll know what my parents would probably think about that). In my defense, most of those things happened Saturday evening/Sunday before I even knew I would be swamped with work. Sure, I'm still typing away when I could be reading an actual assignment, but somehow all this sort of writing doesn't feel as hard as "real" class writing. I think that's why I'll have a problem with my writing class: we're studying critical theory plus some writing theory, but I'm hoping ever so much that it won't change the way I write for myself.

Let me know if you see an weird differences. I'm going to go douse myself in water before I have to trek around outside.

No comments: