Thursday, August 28, 2003

Not now, boys, can't you see I'm working?

About seven minutes ago I was interrupted from my [easily interruptable] English paper by a paper airplane landing on the floor of my room. Even before the chorus of "open it! open it!" came in loud whispers from across the hall, I knew it had to be the freshmen guys directly in 314.

I don't know if it's all freshmen guys this year, or just the ones in 3 North, but they all come across overly friendly and flirty. Melissa, who's a big flirt herself, has been eating this up. I'm enjoying it as well, but more from a "there's always something to laugh at" point of view. We've been introduced, questioned, asked to join "gangs," been dubbed swankin' ladies, had pranks pulled, and just general mayhem before they started sending paper airplane messages.

While it's great fun ("gangs" and swankin' ladies--really!), I should probably feel bad about not know *any* of their names. Sure, I have a fifty-fifty when it's just the two directly across...but they're good friends with their suite mates and other people down the hall and I'm just thoroughly confused most of the time.

So, guys, come and re-introduce. Possibly make nametags for all the "gang" members. I'll make you something pretty and sparkly in return. Just let me do my English. And call you all the same name forever.

No comments: