Friday, November 28, 2003

Post-Thanksgiving Shopping Highlights

Kinda like the "Weekend in Bullets," but there are no bullets (just times) and it's not really for the weekend. So, um, emphasis on the "kinda." Also, times are approximate, it's not like I was actually paying attention as I went along. Well, for most of it.

11-27, 10:32 p.m., bed
Sure, I don't think I'll buy the cheap DVD, but I don't mind pulling moral support with Mom and heading to Wal-Mart for their 6 a.m. opening. Okay, so I'll go to bed now and then I'll have plenty of sleep before I wake up bright and early tomorrow. Ooh...Letterman.....

11:09 p.m., bed
Maybe if I try to drill my lines, I'll fall asleep. I always fall asleep while I'm trying to practice. (I should never ever tell Crystal that. As director, I don't think she'd appreciate it as much as others.)

11:38 p.m., still bed
Oh, good Lord! Why can't I just fall asleep already???

11-28, 5:13 a.m., [unfortunately] not bed
I *hate* life. I *hate* my alarm clock and I *hate* cold air and I *have* Thanksgiving and all the sales... And, above all I hate myself for agreeing to go and stand outside and be freezing with no promise of anything in return.

6:03 a.m., Wal-Mart electronics section, amongst the chaos
If I was ever thankful to not be working at Wal-Mart, it's so right now.

6:48 a.m., Wal-Mart parking lot
I'm still not sure why, but I have a DVD player! And I didn't even have to fight anyone off to grab it. I wonder how Dad will react to this...

7:16 a.m., craft store
90% off Halloween stock! Ooh...stage blood and colored hair spray and glitter! Total score!

7:25 a.m., standing in line at the craft store
So, if it's on sale, but that means I buy more of it than I would normally, am I actually saving money? Nevermind, I would buy the glitter anyway.

7:40 a.m., craft store parking lot
Hee hee, I have a DVD player!

9:36 a.m., Best Buy, in line (aka - somewhere around computers)
I guess our good luck with timing ran out somewhere between the 5 for $25 DVD rack and small appliances, because we'll be in this line until we die. It's *so* never a good sign when the employees hand you candy the moment you join the line. Or when the line seems to wind through nearly every department of the store and you're in the farthest corner.

10:42 a.m., Best Buy, still in line (now, at the end of the stereo department)
Well, at least all the entertainment Christmas shopping is mostly complete now. That'll be the only convenient thing to emerge from this stop: Mom stands in line, and I run for CDs, DVDs, and etc. Too bad they don't care VHS anymore, or we'd be completely finished.

11:19 a.m., Best Buy, still still in line (refrigerators)
OH, GOOD LORD! I don't know when she left exactly, but that person three people ahead so just came back with Krispy Kreme donuts for her entire group. Oh, if only she'd taken orders, she could've made so much money off all the people now drooling over the delicious smell of warm baked goods.

11:35 a.m., Best Buy parking lot
Freedom! We're free, I have new DVDs, Christmas is all shopped for, and I still have a new DVD player!

12:36 p.m., Cargo Largo, the beautiful discount store
Fab! Restocked party supplies! Birthday banners for everyone!

1:57 p.m., back at the grandparents' house for the second time
(I still have a new DVD player.)

No comments: