Sunday, December 28, 2003

Best of the Options

I’m not putting in the applicable links at the moment (if any), but just take this list for the piece of confounded nonsense it is. Thanks.

* BEST ADDICTING GAME: Addiction Solitaire; I owe many late nights to this stupid card game

* BEST ROOMATE: Melissa, of course (Debbie can stay in BNB with the sorority girls, that’s fine with me)

* BEST MOVIE (in theatres): Pirates of the Caribbean

* BEST MOVIE (on video): Run Lola Run

* BEST CONCERT: Ben Folds, with Matt Wertz opening

* BEST COMPLIMENT: “Mmm…you smell like chocolate.”

* BEST AUDITION: general auditions for fall one-acts when I fell walking up the stairs to the stage, manage a great comeback to all the “are you okay?”s and then snagged four call backs with my Clueless monologue

* BEST BURNED CD: Iowa road trip mix

* BEST CD I FORGOT I OWNED: Sheryl Crow, “The Globe Sessions”

* BEST INSIDE JOKE: Meredith and my “Just Keep Swimming” song and hand motions, stolen from Dory in “Finding Nemo”

* BEST CRAZY DORM MOMENT: the look on Melissa’s face when she realized one of all of her shoes were hanging from Michael and John’s light….so priceless, I can’t even describe it

* BEST PIECE OF MAIL: anything from Archie McPhee, especially the package I wasn’t there to pick up (though Melissa wrangled it out of the hall desk for me, despite the fact that she wasn’t me or “Tallulah Jefferson,” the addressee)

* BEST PLAY: tie between Ibsen’s Ghosts and Miller’s All My Sons

* BEST STRONGBAD: Children’s Book, though the news report is pretty friggin’ hilarious

No comments: