Saturday, December 06, 2003

Yet.

I'm not freaking out about my one-act tonight. Yet. I haven't felt nauseus yet and I certainly haven't thrown up, with is probably +25 over last year. I don't have a last minute practice this evening, but I do have to pick up gifts for the crew and buy some cards for everyone. It's kinda weird being in charge of that stuff. Maybe that's why I'm doing okay so far--I have to hold it together because there's only one other person in my group and he's not going to think about these things. Of course, it's kinda weird that I'm not flipping yet, either, so I'm very open to surprises.

Perhaps it's because I've already done all my flipping out for this scene when I was nervous about the choreography. Dudes, I *sucked* at the dancing parts when I first learned them. Sure, it was okay if I wasn't very good, but I had to at least look like I knew what I was doing, and I didn't even get that far. I was dreading trying to pull that off each night at practice. Yet, the dance became better each and every practice until it became one of my fav parts of the show (especially at the end--I can't explain it effectively).

Maybe I got all my nervous energy out early and I'll just coast through the entire afternoon. Or maybe, at 1:37 p.m., I'll suddenly fall to the floor convulsing and sprain my ankle so someone else'll have to do my part. I don't really know....yet.

No comments: