Saturday, December 06, 2003

So much joy and sadness at once

My one-act was FABULOUS. I never did flip out, I only forgot how to dance once during the choreography, I knew nearly everyone in the front row and it amazingly didn't distract me, I'm fairly certain I didn't drop character when people laughed, my crew people loved their trophies (someday, young'uns, Auntie Hannah will tell you the massive epic of the trophy fiasco), I didn't have to mess with eye liner, my show actually made people *cry,* one of my friends didn't even realize it was me onstage, there was a massive group hug after the show in the wings, I was seriously adorable in my costume (in a nine year old way), all the line flubs were covered to a frightening degree, and there were chair races in the make-up room afterward.

I'm [obviously] thrilled with how it went, but I'm sure it'll hit me soon that it's over and I don't have the show and practices and all of it to look forward to anymore. I sense sometime tonight I'll cry about it (I generally do eventually), but I'm on such a sugar and "oh, that was GOOD" high at the moment for it to hit.

No comments: