Saturday, January 17, 2004

Everybody needs a little sanctuary

Here I was, going to Wal-Mart for no reason just because I didn't feel like hanging out in a quiet dorm room on Saturday night. Where am I now? Downstairs in the computer lab because I don't feel like hanging out with actual people for the moment.

There's not much of a reason behind this (though I'm sure I'll need to cough one up when I get back upstairs and Melissa wonders where I've been). I've felt a little sleepy all day--that probably contributed--but that should shoot off my slap-happy genes instead of my anti-social ones. If I didn't know there'd be people in my room, I might go back up and fall asleep. Yes, at 9:43 on a Saturday night. I've been sleepy often so far in the new semester, and I don't want to think that I'm feeling ill so early in the school year.

That, and--every once in a while, as odd as it may seem--the little girl wants to play by herself and ignore all her friends. I'm just happy they don't take it personal.

No comments: