Saturday, January 31, 2004

Yes! A Musical! We ARE insane!

So, I'm less than an hour away from reporting to Baldwin Hall for this year's 24-Hour Theatre. Unlike last year when we pulled off six one-acts, we're attempting a musical for "variety" sake. The writers have been there since eight, so I imagine they have something by now, or else the choreographers weren't happy when they arrived at midnight. I was hoping to ASM again, but am instead the "Gopher Queen" (that's the crown-wearing version of a crew head) and, through other people hitting extra obligations, also the "Costume Queen" (God help me). I should probably feel flattered that whoever in charge thought me competent enough to handle two positions, but mostly I'm frightened for that nine a.m. lag when I want to die, want to die so much.

I was planning to nap this afternoon/evening sometime, but instead watched oodles of movies (Uptown Girls, Spaceballs, Princess Bride, and original Batman) and played a rousing game of Phase 10. People kept asking me if I was going to sleep, but I don't really have time to do so now (maybe if I had passed on Batman, but who would want to do that?) I'm almost motivated to do some Spanish right now, since I won't want to come Saturday night/Sunday afternoon. Maybe I just make up fake Spanish, because we don't turn in homework, just show that we "did" all the problems when the prof walks around.

I dunno. Now I'm rambling, so I'm gonna do something else for the rest of the hour before I track across the much-too-cold outdoors to a building on the other side of campus. At least the cold air will wake me up again.

No comments: