Saturday, April 10, 2004

Firstly, Bless The 'Ville

I know I went downtown to try and pick up a pair of cheaper black pants to use for tech, but how could I resist the orange (like tang!) feather boa when The 'Ville, my favorite resale shop ever, was running a 50% off sale? I mean, that zebra print top that I'll never wear was a find enough as it was, without the orange (seriously - it's tang colored) feather boa now residing on my bed post).

Second. I watched "Cabaret" last night and was somewhat less than impressed. I mean, all the songs were still fabulous, but I just didn't care for the world of the musical outside of the club. Though "Tomorrow Belongs to Me" was just as powerful as it probably was back in the day.

I started off the day with "Alien" before I got about halfway and realized that I didn't really care for any of the characters, or that tiny issue of the aliens popping out of their stomachs. As such, I figured it was okay to turn it off.

"Monsoon Wedding" had some fabulous points, and I'd probably watch it again with people, but it didn't jump to "buy it buy it buy it" level. It flirted with it on several occassions (like I could with the boys using my tang-orange feather boa), but didn't quite reach.

And now I'm going to watch.........I don't know what yet.

No comments: