Saturday, April 03, 2004

I'm queen of the program!

I went from not doing much, theatre-wise, to being waytimeswamped (the lack of spaces indicates how much freetime I feel I have). Sure, I had classes going on (Stagecraft, where I become covered in paint on a much too regular basis and Acting II, the original reason why I was in OP everyday), but I wasn't doing anything non-academic related.

Then I was asked to help with props for the last mainstage show.

Megan kept copying scripts, music, dialect sheets for the show after Stagecraft and I'd tag along and collate pages to save her time.

My acting professor asked for volunteers to help with the La Plata police department's pre-prom "don't drink and drive" fake car accident presentation. Having missed out on the Sullivan disaster preporation thing my senior year, I totally volunteered.

One-act auditions and callbacks appeared, providing me with [first, lots of anxiety, and second,] an assistant stage managing gig.

The same person who's single-handedly made the banners announcing shows all year resigned himself to painting one last one, until I found out about it and offered my services. He gladly handed over the overhead projector, sheet of material, and paint.

The props crew finally met and found out we might also constitute the majority of the deck crew, also, as they needed more people to move scenery than props.

The props girls officially became scenery movers and also lost their Easter break to stay in Kirksville and run dress rehearsals.

SO, basically everyone probably wonders how I allowed myself to become so busy so fast. To put it simply, in life they didn't pop up in a convenient list like above, and I didn't notice until I found myself at musical rehersal Thursday night until after eleven p.m. It reminds me of high school, when I'd have early morning band practice in the pre-school hours and play practice post-school, so I wouldn't see my house from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. that night.

I shouldn't feel nostalgic for my dorm room, but I have the past two days.

But, I only have about two weeks of this (and some parts will drop out before then: I plan on finishing the banner sometime this weekend), and I prefer feeling too busy to having free time [or so I tell myself]. If nothing else, whatever doesn't kill me one week, I can pull fun stories from the next.

No comments: