Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Something tells me it's not just a drill

...and that would be all the siren-baring vehicles that pulled up behind my dorm building and (double call!) the firefighters actually strapping on gear to go investigating. That's right, I'm currently in the Dobson--my wonderful neighbor, and first dorm love--computer lab as I wait out what I thought was a drill, than decided was a prank (that was with the first police car), and quickly decided would be a reason to check out the campus newspaper next week. I'm just happy that I finished my movie ("School of Rock" with Jack Black and a whole slew of kids) right before the obnoxious alarm sounded all through Ryle and freshmen started poking their heads out of their doors, trying to figure out if they had to leave or not. Trust me, kids, you have to leave. You think I'd be here if we didn't?

Of course, because I left I'm currently in air conditioning, but that's neither here nor there.

No comments: