Wednesday, August 25, 2004

If it's raining, I don't have to blow-dry my hair.

So, um, hi, everyone. It's been quite a bit of time...not that I was really noticing (hence, no posting about not posting, though that's kinda what I'm doing currently). Those final weeks just zipped by since I was busy ending jobs, packing, unpacking, packing on a more massive scale, riding rollercoasters, shopping vaguely, scrapbooking sorta, abusing my discount card, final checking bug boxes, paperwork paperwork paperwork, taking passport action, last-minute emailing, watching Olympics, and basically droughting myself from the internet possibly in an effort to prepare for the school year when I have my zippity-fast connection.

Anyway.

I moved back into lovely 315 again yesterday afternoon-ish (after finally seeing my brother again since the start of summer and reclaiming my Gilmore Girls DVD set; in that order). The biggest shock was probably the utter lack of suitemates [I assumed we'd have freshmen], though I'm enjoying having the bathroom all to myself for four days. Most of my stuff is still in massive piles around the room, though I got my books on the shelf and some things into the closet. I could've done more yesterday, but I instead called up Megan (who'd been going stir crazy in her apartment since Saturday) and hung out with her until I had to find things [my flute, possibly shoes] for band practice at 8:30.

The other big shock was the phone call from Michael at aproximately 8:14 (what timing, huh?) because he "knew you'd be there, Hannah" and ended quickly...only to resume after practice and continue until early hours today. I didn't expect it at all, but I felt even more like I was back at college afterward.

Other stuff: I don't know what's up with my phone, but it won't let me check messages and that's just not cool. I know I set up voicemail (I did that at Megan's place while there was someone who understands technology around), but you'd never know it from my phone.

Waking up in the middle of the night to realize rain is pouring in through the windows: good.
Waking up in the middle of the night because the metal fan just fell two feet and crashed into a pile of office supplies: bad for me...worse for second floor. Sorry, Melissa, but they probably already hate us.

The Strong Bad "Lil' Bruther" cartoon is absolutely hysterical. Plus, "Strong Bad Sings!" CD is currently on sale.

Featuring the overture from the original show, the "Phantom of the Opera" movie trailer is slowly becoming my new obsession and I hate Apple's trailer site for not letting me download it and watch it whenever.

I cried last night when I had to make my own bed because my mom wasn't there to make it for me before she left like she insists on doing at the start of the school year.

No comments: