Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Theme for the new year: [still undecided]

So, it's been a year. (Why, yes! 2004 did end somewhere after finals, birthday parties, minor scrapbooking tornadoes, and Iowa/KC/Iowa trips, though you wouldn't know all that from the blog that stopped blogging.)

All in all, I can't complain about my 2004. I started the year with theatre ("RENT" in January), became a friend's class project, broke out the duct tape clothing again, chopped off all sorts of hair, did my first mainstage, and ended the semester with dancing and friend chicken (though not at the same time).

Summer felt even busier than college could throw at me; between dealing with irate customers on the weekend and every biting/itch-causing critter the rest of the week, I would've preferred papers. (Long papers.) As much as driving in circles got old, I now have two too many stories featuring a car stuck in places, spent a ... week in the woods [I keep flipping on the adjective for that one], and--if nothing else--I culled together a download list that will hold me for months. And Wal-Mart customers--on the whole--are still idiots, though not enough to make me give up my discount.

The most recent semester? Frankly, it's felt (sometimes uncomfortably) like the parents-less version of my high school junior year. I've seen uneasiness about both my major and future, loading up on the side of "too busy," and more than a fair share of romantic intrigue. (Plus, sewing!) Sometimes it's been hard to remain positive, and not just with the mini fiasco of "Virtually Somebody"--you try feeling cheerful when sewing netting at 4 a.m. However, I've made my peace with not knowing the future, and I'm still surrounded by the people who were there for dancing and chicken. Between those two, I'll survive the rest of the year.

Enough of that. On to Confessions: just embarrassing enough to tell, but inocuous enough even my Mom can read them.

* infomercials rock my socks off, even if that are merely one step up from slow-mo sequences in "Walker, Texas Ranger" on the cheese level.

* I watch "Lizzie Maguire" voluntarily, especially when people aren't around to mock me.

* Although my main personality is a jeans and t-shirt girl, I have a blooming "pretty pretty princess" side.

* I've started carrying my passport around in my purse (a la "While You Were Sleeping") in case I ever get a chance to leave the country quickly.

* I have issues falling asleep at college when Melissa's not there, leading to a need for some sort of background noise (often more "Lizzie").

Yeah, they're kinda soft this year, but deal. I'm just happy to get things posted again.

No comments: