Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Because it's just what you do at the end of the year

*The Best, etc. of 2004*

Best time: early May

Worst time: late June-early July

Favorite movie (theatre): Big Fish [there with Caleb, mostly empty theatre, perfection]

Favorite movie (not): Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind [that's what I needed that day], and both Kill Bill movies [watched straight in a row, with only a short manatee break]

Favorite CD (forgot about): Into the Woods soundtrack

Favorite CD (new): Evita, complete movie soundtrack

Favorite book: The Princess Bride (Good Parts version)

Favorite play: Cherish, from the one-acts (bless you Katie Rose)

Favorite compliment: [tie] a professor complimented my teeth early in the year, which is its own kind of special, but I can't forget the old friend who hadn't seen me since eighth grade who told me I'd "grown up good"

Favorite insult: "Some of us pass second grade and get over it" from Adam, about English majors

Best live show: 4nd Street at the Muny (I'm a sucker for tap dancing)

Worst idea: eating the entire bag of Tootsie Rolls in about two hours while already highly stressed

Somg of the summer: Big Sky's "David Bowie"

New helpful skills: sewing, carving foam, sort of curling hair

No comments: