Saturday, February 26, 2005

Because I might as well do it before I forget something and/or Merv eats it (like the past two weeks...did you know I was in a car accident two weeks ago?)

The Weekend-So-Far in Bullets, Because the Title Was Already Long:

* Who's starting her weekend Friday afternoon in the box office, calling slackers who haven't picked up their tickets yet? Oh, that would be Ms. Hannah Moneypenny, my inner secretary.

* Facebook is evil. And addictive. Confound it for both! (And then let me join a few more groups...)

* The Notebook is just as sad the second time around, even if you aren't sticking yourself in a mini personal "crisis" (if that) while watching.

* What did I do on my first night off from a theatre practice in a week? Go to someone else's rehearsal, of course!

* Need people to fold programs? Talk to me, and I'll hook you up with half a dozen ushers who thought they were just staying to watch "Cabaret" for free and instead got to fold about a thousand programs for the coming week of shows.

* Also, thank you theatre practice for granting me another banterer on the usher list, so I never get bored while we're standing around or trying to be productive or whatnot.

* The next time I tell myself that of course I won't fall asleep, I'm on the floor, please someone remind me that--given the right level of exhaustion--that doesn't make a difference.

* Accounting first thing in the morning isn't heinous as long as it makes sense and doesn't make me feel stupid in any manner.

* My ushers like it when you bring them food. This is perhaps the best way to make friends, short of paying $250+ for a sorority membership, and it also helps you cut down your meal plans.

* Who's the house manager chick who goes from asking the jazz fest people to check their volume in the lobby to fake insulting an usher to asking a patron to take her coffee and donuts outside the theatre to "flirting" with a Kit Kat Klub boy? The same girl who tripped over air during intermission.

* Apparently a camel trumps a moose, but Johnny Depp riding a moose trumps a regular camel. This really requires no thought.

* New fun game: enter Hannah's room [while Melissa's asleep or just not there] and wait to see how long it takes before she notices your there over the volume pumping through her headphones. Hours of enjoyment!

* Oil pastels taste gross, though in my defense, I forgot it was on my fingers.

* I'm wearing the sequined cat ears and listening to "Moulin Rouge," so it must be a good Saturday.

No comments: