Thursday, February 03, 2005

You can't fall asleep? Inconcivable!

I was, not five minutes (okay, maybe ten - I just popped in "The Princess Bride" because Melissa can't sleep, either), curling up under my covers, squishing down into my not-so-squishy pillow to fall asleep for the night.

It obviously didn't happen.

The moment I closed my eyes, my brain started racing around; analyzing the day, thinking about stuff that'd been said, and basically working out everything that had happened recently. Not the most conduitive environment for sleepy time, huh?

The problem with my sleep habits is I have to be exhaused before I go to bed or I won't fall asleep for ages. My brain picks that up as the perfect time to sort through things because, I imagine, it's one of the few times during the day/night that I'm not fluttering around, actually busy/productive with life activities. Just like how I used to practice acting scene lines in the shower, it's one of the few places where my head catches up with the rest of me once everything else is stuck for a bit.

So, here I am at the moment. I'm still not tired enough to actually fall asleep (I blame not getting to bed before one a.m. all week for that one), but I might see what happens when I crawl up in bed again and have the movie to focus on instead.

Good night, room.

No comments: