Monday, February 06, 2006

Conflicted

I'm wishing a little, even now, that I'd auditioned for "Violet" this afternoon. I finally snatch the time to read the script around Wednesday and that had basically settled matters for me--there's some questionable bits that I wouldn't feel comfortable acting in the part I really liked/was best for--though I still waivered as time approached. I think I've just wanted to be in (as in "onstage" not "backstage") a stage musical for so long that I'm almost willing to forgive things that would drop it flat in a standard play. Plus, I love the country twang and we all know this. Maybe I'll audition for the lab show (which I haven't finished reading) and temporarily itch the acting bug that pops up after awhile all the time.

Other news: my Worlds of Fun Peanuts character/stage technician application is finished and ready to hit the mailbox. Also, I recently discovered Starlight Theatre, where I'd basically vowed never to work again to not deal with the crazy, has implimented an Education intern position to work with the Education Director (who I loved last summer) on various children-related projects. I'm just a little nervous about summer start times, seeing as I now plan on being out of the country most of May. What's that? You haven't heard about the two week London-Dublin excursion now possibly taking up to five people? That would be because the paperwork-type parts only formed on Saturday night and I had rehearsal instead of calling-home-time Sunday afternoon. Mom, Dad--I'll send you an email about details, but let's be realistic. I'm pretty much getting my passport stamped this summer whatever your reaction is...and I'll send you some postcards from the lovely hostels.

No comments: