Thursday, April 27, 2006

hit in the face with an ax...and other metaphors for feeling awful

I feel like utter crap and wish my throat would just erupt and get over it. Maybe the secondary fires from such an incident could also take care of my ears, which keep trying to pop or explode or make want to jab something straight thru both. I'm far from the only sick person around right now, and I know we keep joking about the mumps (I did get those shots, right Mom?), but we all know what a huge baby I am about being sick. This is probably part why it doesn't happen often: universe protection. Anyway, I'll probably get over it fairly quickly, but my life currently exists of napping and throat spray and trying to fill in everything else between both.


In other news, it's actually be a fairly stupdendous day. Top above top, my presentation went well and my reading delivery was compared to Sarah Vowell, which was a nice side note. I also got to wear the swanky suit, which is a nice plus.

The rest of the positive included bacon first thing (even if it was for Melissa, there was still some set aside for me), saving a friend a trip to the media library with my personal Ashman/Menken collection, having all sorts of reference letters ready to go, getting to play Spike (the school mascot) at the visit event this weekend, and defending my typewriter's honor in finance class. I'm now going to look up song clips from the upcoming Broadway version of "Little Mermaid." Because, why not.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Why would you want to keep anyone from going to the Media Library?????

2. They're making a Little Mermaid Broadway show? How? Why??

Hannah said...

1. I'm sorry I denied you visits from other humans, especially as it might've been a pleasant experience.

2. Well, there's already an abreviated stage show version in Florida, so it's not completely crazy. Alan Menken's been working on music for awhile, I hear, though, from hearing the actual soundtrack, he should keep working.

A few of the new songs are great (favs: solo for Eric after being rescued, duet for Eric/Ariel as he sings about The Girl and [still mute] Ariel sings to him, and a last minute number for Ursula that mentions puppies dying. In a Disney show. It's fairly awesome.), but most are more blah.

Anonymous said...

I am sure I took you to get all of your shots! Or was that your brother? I could come to kiss it and make it better, but I am going to be in the rain in O'Fallon, MO this weekend. You know how much I "love" sleeping on the ground. : ( I can be sarcastic because I know your Dad doesn't read blogs.
Hannah's Mom

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need to go to the student health center to get it checked out to be on the safe side. The mumps are "running wild" here in Iowa. Sure hope you feel better soon. Love, Grandma P.