Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I have seen the moo-cows.

I've also seen plenty of horsies, birds, deer of various forms, and a small crowd of goats just outside Columbia. One night, I swear I heard the lonely sound of a single jackalope singing in the mountains surrounding my brother's city. It's been a good week for wildlife.

It's been, however, a bad week for flora, as I'm currently engulfed in poison ivy. First thing back project for tomorrow: head to Sullivan and see the doctor. Perhaps receive a nice big shot or two. Stop feeling itchy and crawly and all manner of disgusting to mankind. This would be nice if it could happen before Wednesday evening.

Also, I have one fingernail I can't chew off because there's ivy too close and the nail has been doused in medicine. This is legitimately driving me insane. I've never wanted to chew off a fingernail so much in my life. All further proof that I'm nine, I guess. And I was getting so used to being thirteen.

1 comment:

Caleb Michael said...

You can tell if it's a jackalope singing by the pitch. If the voice is singing the bass line, it's probably a jackalope... or a bass. If it's higher pitched, it's not a jackalope... or a jackalope that hasn't reached maturity.

Never mind...