Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Arrr....

I'm terribly exhausted right now, the kind of sleepy that sneaks up behind you while you sit at your desk, grabs you, and stuffs you in its trunk. Or causes you to write weird metaphors.

Anyway, today passed much more pleasant than I feared this morning, though that could be due to my using up all my angry points before even making it to work by (1) missing the proper bus, (2) having all other possible buses not show up on time (3) almost walking into work late on the day when everyone is present for company meeting.

After that (and having several people walk in after myself), the rest of the day was pretty dang sunshine-y. I had a charming conversation about shark attacks, spent some quality time in the breakroom of our other office building, ate my soup cup while walking between locations, survived dress rehearsal, had someone think I was making the whole "Talk Like a Pirate Day" thing up ("But they have a website!"), enjoyed sit down time for dinner and gossip, learned I didn't need blacks for SMing in the Rotunda, handled the show with only one major sound flub (caused by a silly actor changing his line), and gained a new purse and a new penpal letter.

I also need to type up my production meeting notes, plan out my packing for tomorrow, stop eating all these confounded Tootsie Rolls, figure out when my phone minutes end, and sleep. Some of these things are more important than others.

No comments: