Friday, October 06, 2006

heading for bed (yes, really)

Sweet mercy, I'm tired. These silly morning shows don't help, but it's really been a wearing-out sort of week. All my spare time at the Rotunda lately has led to going through light cues while faking giving verbal gos to sound. Merv went fritzy again, but now seems better than ever...just in time for new CDs to come in from the library. Timing, impeccable as always. My free time at Grace has been spent by trying to stay awake in the box office and put a bit more zip into my phone answering, since an alarming number of people this week have asked if I was a recording/real person/message/etc. I've also found that, while I can't crowd control the area as much, the A.D.'s couch is more comfortable for sleeping than that of my previous internship.

I am still laughing, loudly and often. I know who can take being given a hard time, who does not understand the concept of sarcasim (as practiced by short chicks), and who knows the location of discounted cake. I am doing important things like copying scripts and putting together how-to lists for the piles of temps we pull in while the most knowledgable member of the box office flies to Italy for a week or two. I gained full possession of the Rotunda keys yesterday and the fact that it didn't freak me out as much as it could've means I must be ready. Mostly.

No comments: