Thursday, November 16, 2006

pre-empted

This morning I woke up with the intention of writing a post about how I'm nervous about screwing up in my grand position as stage manager. Most of the show's tech has been pushed off in favor of finishing the mainstage (currently in previews, opening tomorrow), and--though I realize that the shop was terribly busy trying to pull everything together for that on time--I feel like I should've been pestering the crew more to keep things on schedule.

This evening I had a quick conversation with one of the other company stage managers (recently promoted from intern to company member) about how she also hates pressing the techies because she knows they're dealing with two shows and everything will come together, even if it's not on the schedule she wants. "I don't have to worry about it, but I do because I still want to make sure I'm doing enough."

I like not feeling alone in my insecurities.

No comments: