Tuesday, November 28, 2006

the things that occur when tech doesn't finish until preview night

There's one page of this script (the very final page, in fact) where I have to change three different lights (spread among four switches) at the same time, after which I get up from my chair to lower in the Star of Bethlehem (thanking Target for producing it in white, as I lower it in darkness), with just enough time to spare to turn the Star on while making my way back to my chair, hit the next cue button for a blackout, then take two sets of Christmas lights above plus two more switches worth of Christmas lights plus the Star that just came on, breathe in and out twice (the same length of time it takes for the actors to get to center stage), and begin curtain call. This would make up a full half the light cues in the entire show.

I do not like this page. I do, however, like this show.

No comments: