Saturday, July 28, 2007

anniversary

One year ago yesterday, I stepped out of an overstuffed car after the world's most miserable car trip and said--for the first of many times--"Why is it so humid?"

One year ago today, I met practically the entire company of A.D. Players for the first time when I dropped in early during a rehearsal for the annual Spotlighter Awards and immediately stepped into my role ("new intern #2").

I've used the "one year ago" as a punch line for most of the weekend (hi, despite the backdate, this is actually Monday), seeing as the irony that follows me everywhere picked this weekend to feature a double show shift, understudy performances (and one understudy for the understudy show), the switching of my roommate, and a supreme lack of sleep.

While beginning with the under-understudy drama on Friday, though, all this extra stress has seemed to be a way to reaffirm that I am where I am supposed to be. I've had a number of compliments about my handling of things this weekend. Considering the sources, I do not take their words lightly, as they come from people who's respect I value highly and are not known to toss off praise they do not mean.

You can't get better proof than that to justfy living in this humidity-ridden state...except that I'm also blessed by knowing (and hanging and comiserating and bonding with) some of the best people Texas [by way of other locations] has to offer. I could not have gotten through this year without them, and I appreciate more than a silly blog can express the support they have provided--some times more than others--during this incredibly up-and-down year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should expect an "anonymous" phone call from an "anonymous" person sometime this weekend. Probably Sunday. Be like a boy scout.


"anonymously"