Sunday, February 24, 2008

Do we miss me being a positive person? (it was a long week)

Things I learned from attending tweleve hours of Best Picture nominees yesterday:
* I have the same typewriter as James McAvoy's character in "Atonement," which puts be about half a degree closer to him.

* Another way to be closer to Mr. McAvoy: winning a poster through Pride and Prejudice knowledge (thanks, ADP!)

* There's apparently a slew of mystery novels out in the world set from Jane Austen's perspective. This is way cooler than all the novels stealing the P&P characters and telling the story from their point of view.

* I probably missed 1/5 of "No Country for Old Men" because I was shielding my eyes from blood shed.

* Also, you shouldn't believe the time listing on your ticket. I missed the last speech of "No Country" because I thought there was a half hour to go.

* I can go through two large popcorns and sodas, but I'll pay for it after.

* George Clooney must have some contract thing now that he has to play poker in every movie.

* I don't know if I understand the genius of PT Anderson, but I see it in Daniel-Day Lewis.

* Anyone who wants to send me a guitar (or, alternatively, the "Juno" soundtrack) may do so at their earliest convenience.

No comments: