some even from before I started sneaking in candy
Some movie related memories (in no particular order):
* It's my third viewing of Mulan in theaters, and I still jump when Shan-Yu pops out of the snow after the mountain pass battle. This is with reminding myself that he's about to pop out, you know where, don't jump when it happens, the falcon is swooping--ack! (Side note: I was convinced that Mulan would be nominated for Best Picture since it was totally better than Beauty and the Beast and yet had earned a nomination.)
* Last showing of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 of the night (which is a fairly awful movie, being a sequel and prequel of sorts all in one film), and end up sitting next to the Cute Boy I wanted to sit next to...but sharing an armrest with the poison ivy-covered arm, which led to the obvious awkward. He does let me eat all the popcorn.
* Though not a big fan of the Lord of the Rings movies, I find myself waiting in line for several hours for the final film while dressed as some sort of elvish person (sans pointy ears, as I have none). The rest of the friends I'm with are HUGE fans and are cleaning up at the pre-movie trivia contest. Later I'll be mad at the movie for having approximately fifteen false endings, but for now I want to use my wool cape as a blanket.
* In what will be the start of many late night movies to come, I find a last minute ride to the 10 p.m. (before the midnight showing!) Snakes on a Plane and meet with future Houstonite friends Will, B., and Dave. They let me make a matching sharpie t-shirt. People are dressed as planes and/or snakes, everyone is talking back to the screen, and no lines can be heard after Samuel L. Jackson's big catchphrase because the cheering is too loud. It's the most fun anyone ever had at any movie.
* We go to see 101 Dalmations (live action) because my cousin is OBSESSED with dalmations, but arrive too late to sit anywhere but the very front row. Afterward I joke that the puppies were as big as my head. This is incorrect; they were bigger.