wildly different things I left off my Christmas list: a subscription to Real Simple and a Leatherman multi-tool
It's been one of those up and down weeks (front half down, very end half moving back up), and I made like a thirteen year old girl and journaled out some angst...but I don't feel inclined to share any of that. (No, *you're* welcome.)
Instead, we'll play "bits of things saved in Hannah's draft folder." Please enjoy the random (some with dates, some not).
* A man in full Scotish regalia playing the bagpipes just passed me going up the street. It's Saturday morning, and I have a show or else I'd investigate.
* I have a sudden craving for those middle school logic problems. Lucy likes purple. Timmy likes the color Mikey doesn't like.
* If it's going to be 70 degrees in Texas three days before Christmas (and a day before I head to blizzard coungry), by golly I'm going to wear a skirt.
* One bus driver to another: She wants to go to town./Well, take her. You have your own big ol' bus. 12.23.09
* 5.21.10 - Note to brain: not every weird happenstance is a metaphor for you life, so stop thinking about "the bell wouldn't work for you, huh?"
* Checking the weather at this point in the year is a more a formality. The only thing that might change is if there's rain to cut back on the beastly humidity. 5.26
* 6.1 I forgot that standing at the bus stop in a dress invoked the rule of auto honk: "I couldn't help it, the horn beeped on its own."
* If someone wanted to show up on my doorstep tonight with a plate of fried chicken, the words "undying" and "loyalty" might be bandied about. [Note to all: this holds true basically at all times.]