Thursday, October 06, 2011

Okay, people, it's like this:

I just really don't want to hang out with anyone right now, and I'm sorry that people keep asking. I'm stressed over a show that hasn't even started rehearsals yet, and constantly upset with my boss for throwing another (and another and another.....) thing on my to-do pile, even while he knows that I'm swamped. I don't want pity, I just want to be left alone so I can catch up again.

Also, the only people who are generally free at our odd-ball hours are fellow employees of this grand organization, which means--if we did hang out, we'd likely end up talking about work. (Don't even deny it, everyone knows the "when two or more ADPers are together, they must discuss the company" rule.) And that'll just remind me of all the above again.

I'm sorry that I've been short and huffy and generally less-than-pleasant lately, and I really am trying to not take out my stress on the general population. I'm just bad at it so far (and I'm sorry for that, too). I'd like to believe that a bunch of things currently stressing me will resolve themselves next week, and we can all be friendly croutons again. I'd just like to (politely) ask you to stay the heck away from me until then. Really, it's for the best.