Sunday, November 06, 2011

But if I cut my hair before tech week, where will I store my pencils?

What's that? I'm about to hit tech week and might need to be reminded that there's joy in the world outside the theater? Okay then.

* I clearly should pay attention to measurements when purchasing online, since my new phone is roughly the size of a toy cellphone you give to children. It's ruggerized, which adds the bulk, but still. I've never wanted to paint something with bright primary colors more in my life. (I'll likely just end up covering it with stickers in the meantime.)

* COGSWORTH: And as I always say, if it's not Baroque, don't fix it.

* Side note (for next year, perhaps) - how have I never dressed as Belle for Halloween? I have the hazel eyes and [currently] brunette ponytail, I can probably whip up an enchanted rose, heaven knows I have enough books. This really wouldn't be hard.

* Dear Oreos: When you're on sale, it's like I have a reason to live again. (I'm joking. Kinda.)

* COGSWORTH: There's the usual things...flowers, chocolates, promises you don't intend to keep.

* Was anyone else aware that the kid who voiced Chip also was the boy in Jumanji? (Or--somewhat terrifying--he's the father of two children.)

* Gosh, I want to bake some pumpkin bread....but my kitchen is not prepared for that sort of disaster. Dear self: stop typing up this, and take five minutes to actually put things away in the kitchen.

* [How has this not been reedited into a purely B&tB post yet?] Gosh, the crane shot in the ballroom is just as magical as ever, isn't it?

3 comments:

Travis said...

Chip has kids?! But aren't actors from our childhood supposed to stay perpetually the same age?

Incidentally, this post makes me want to go back and re-watch all those Disney movies from when we were kids. Actually, I take that back; judging from the fact that I woke up this morning with Aladdin quotes going through my head, it would seem that I already wanted to go back and re-watch them.

will said...

1. I'm pretty sure Cogwsorth never got to "first base." Ever. In his entire life.

2. Was there even a Halloween this year? I mean, I remember organizing the big event at the church, but absolutely nothing else felt even remotely Halloween-ish in my world. I propose a mid-to-late-May Halloween party. Cause that time of year drew the short end of the holiday stick anyway.

3. Jumanji kind of freaked me out when I was a kid. Not sure why. Maybe just the giant spiders near the end. Maybe because the idea of living a traumatic childhood/young adulthood and then enduring the most terrifying board game imaginable as a grown-up and being forced to re-live the teen years with all of those memories in tact kind of weirds me out.

4. Ooops. Spoilers.

5. Crane shot in the ballroom = absolutely agree. Still fantastic cinema. What a beautiful scene. (BatB is my wife's favorite movie. I imagine we'll go see it in 3D at the theaters when that happens. Even though she wouldn't go with me to see MY favorite Disney movie in 3D at theaters...grumble grumble grumble but just kidding)


6. In the video game Kingdom Hearts 2, the Beast's ballroom gets possessed, and you actually have to fight the ballroom itself. It's pretty surreal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YhKcuvdwzM&feature=related

7. Are you still reading? Good for you! As a reward, I give you this link. For any time you may need a "Calm Place" :-)
http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5606758

Hannah said...

I'm in tech, so I'm gonna focus on just that last one because, dang. (And Donna says thanks, too, seeing as we both stood there and stared at it for a few minutes.)