Wednesday, January 23, 2013

...and then I realized it was quarter-'til-eleven and I hadn't eaten dinner yet


Don't worry, Mom. I ate a lot of Goldfish crackers today. BUNCHES. Anyway, on to the usual bullet list, eh?

* Note to self: redo fingernail polish before Saturday, as a small sign to the stage mothers of the world that I can keep myself together [and disguise the fact that I will spend all summer chomping my nails off from stress].

* Taking a day off in the middle of the work week is fantastic. (Even if I was still dipping into emails, just in case.)

* Lunch dates are even more fantastic, especially when they involve four extra people you didn't expect to see, and a baby. Babies are great. [Technical side note: let me qualify "babies are great" with the proviso of "...as long as they don't have to stick with me full time." Sorry, um, all my friends with kids. Your kids are great, but...you know.]

* Oh, show. I think I only watch you because I can predict the plot points before they happen, and then I feel good about myself.

* Excuse me while I go eat, well, anything with higher nutritional value.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Monkey can always come to visit me, anytime.
Hannah's Mom