Sunday, December 29, 2013

publishing separately because now I'm chasing 39
Take note, actors of the world! Whenever you...

- ask a question that I've already answered (especially in reply to the email where I answered that question)

- don't send confirmation that you'll attend [whatever] after I've specifically requested it, and then show up anyway

- make a request of me that would only require thirty seconds of your own time (but will take much longer of mine)

- behave in any other rude or unacceptable manner

... I make a note. (Some shows, I've literally had a column where I've kept track of who was difficult to deal with prior to the audition.) And, whenever the director is trying to decide between you and someone else, I just might pipe up with that information.


[Why yes, I might be going through my community audition emails today, why did you ask.....?]

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Now, this is not to say that you should keep questions to yourself or that accidents don't happen (I thought I sent that!) or etc. Just, common sense, okay? Even a "I'm sure you're busy, but could you help me out with..." goes a long way.