Wednesday, January 08, 2003

I've been up for two hours already. (Yeah, I know--some of you had to get up at five or even earlier. I'm on vacation, and I'm trying to get used to getting up early for those 8:30 classes that start next week.) My hair is completely dry, which never happened when it was long. I'm listening to Jennifer Holiday belt her signature song from "Girlfriends," that musical about a girl group in the...seventies? I don't really remember, but it's not important. It's supposed to be a high of sixty-something this afternoon, so I pulled my flip-flops out of storage for the day. I'm getting nowhere on fixing my DVD player (although I've found so many probably-illegal download sites to choose from, if I knew what I was actually looking for.)

Yesterday I bought the most un-Valentine's Day Valentine's Day cards ever made--"I Heart Mud"--from the local Wal-Mart. I did not use my discount card, although it still works, five months after I left. I just found my cat curled up into a warm ball of fur and purrs downstairs on a pile of old towels in the basement, then ate all but four of the leftover Mint Creme Oreos that Hope gave me back in November for breakfast. If it wasn't still in his computer (next to his bed, where he'll be asleep until about noon), I'd steal Caleb's copy of Signs, just so I can have it floating in my head again. This afternoon, I'm picking up my pictures from the entire first semester of college. I'm scared to think what I caputured on film. And excited.

It's gonna be a good day.

No comments: