Sunday, February 02, 2003

Whenever someone asks me what my favorite holiday is, I generally tell them Groundhog's Day just to be contrary. I love this holiday for the pure reason that I don't understand it. Why are we asking a groundhog? I mean, sure, he's no worse than a regular weatherman, but why isn't this an equal-rodent-opportunity job? I could see a Vole Day or Hamster Day or Otter Day. And, supposing we ignore the fact that we're leaving it to an animal to predict the weather, shouldn't the signs be different? I mean, to see *my* shadow, the sun would have to be out, and doesn't early sunshine say "spring" to you? I'm totally not seeing where we decided dull gray skies meant spring was hopping along early.

Anyway. This feels kinda silly now, so I'll stop ranting at you people (this idea sounded so good in my head, I swear!) As a peace offering, I give you this. We'll call it my early valentine to all you people who won't be the lucky receipients of my 89 cent "I [Heart] Mud" valentines from Wal-Mart. Isn't it adorable?

No comments: