Tuesday, April 29, 2003

"They're trying to screw with your head." - Kramer

I'm currently standing outside the infamous "purple hall" where registration takes place, waiting for them to post the lastest closed classes from this morning. Everything I want to enter has less than ten spots left--or they did this morning--which is why I really need to find out *right now* whether my schedule is still applicable or not. (not up yet)

If they'd at least update the online course list, I'd be much happier. I really don't want to leave my fate to random pieces of paper on the wall. Though, I'm not certain where my sudden confidence in technology is coming from...maybe because I'm not on Merv right now (yeah, public access labs!), so I feel like I might have a chance with this unknown computer who has not yet wished to delete anything I've written [yet].

Wow, there's actually people more confused than me wandering around. I can't believe that poor guy had a worse clue about what was going on than I do. Maybe he's a transfer; I can't imagine he'd gone through registration before. Anyway.

I can't believe I'm pushing back lunch just to stand here and watch random people walk past, anxiously waiting for the course list to pop up. I also can't believe how paranoid I'm starting to become that people are just going to walk right past me--people who don't care whether or not their schedule officially works and can manage to wait until they reach the front desk. I despise those people. I guess I shouldn't be worried because registration doesn't start again until 1:00, but I'd like to know what's going on before I go and save myself a spot at the front of the line.

Bleck. I'll let y'all know how it goes (maybe even from Non-Merv here).

No comments: